Sunday 18 August 2013

The Signing

Yesterday was a beautiful day to drive to Fergus, Ontario for my author signing at Roxanne's Reflections. I finally met Roxanne who'd I'd been emailing and speaking with over the phone. I'd met Mimi the week before when I'd driven out to drop off some promotional pictures. I met Kim for the first time. They were all very welcoming to me at the store. I met some very interesting people. And sold a few books. I met Dave who bought a book and then later called the store to say how pleased he was that a quote from Rush titled the Epilogue. Cool! I also had a delicious Vegan Burger at The Fountainhead restaurant a few doors down from Roxanne's. Woke up this morning thinking I spelt Gail Brown's name wrong in signing her book, writing 'Gale' instead of 'Gail'. Sorry for the mistake.
I woke up to find my interview with Brad Pritchard from The Alliston Herald on-line. It was a very good story--thanks Brad.
I did get out for run in the morning before the signing.
I was disappointed to see that books I'd dropped off to a bookstore west of where I live were in the same spot on the back counter in the store as where I'd left them with the owner 10-days ago.
I wrote a page before leaving for the signing and finished the day at 298.
Wrote our daughter a follow-up to her email on life, God and humanity. Our son's headed to Texas on 'The Tweeter Rater' tour. My wife spent the day in Toronto completing her recertification requirements as a Personal Trainer. She's off to TC today.
We hope to see Jobs later in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment